African Mega Praise (includes My God Is Good o/Double Double!)
When Kwame Adjaye introduced me to this campaign, I thought it was some kind of hoax.
It got me thinking about this time where the Lord asked me what I’d do with 650k usd if I already had every material thing I wanted i.e houses, cars, jets etc etc. I asked a couple of people around me and they didn’t know what to do. They said they’d just buy more stuff.
After a while I now know that my money would be used completely for the spreading of the Gospel. I’ll build schools that have scripture taught in class. I would probably set up or buy a media house of some sorts so that we can control the offensive material like porn etc. I would also like to fund businesses that have Christ at the centre like Forever 21, ChickfilA and others.
All things are possible with Christ.
You are not just the salt and light of your community. You are the salt and light of the earth so you have global relevance in you. Don’t think small.
Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves;
ensure justice for those being crushed.
Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless,
and see that they get justice. ~ Proverbs 31:8-9
May we find the courage to stand up for the voiceless in our society.
Edit: Isn’t it incredible that we only highlight the second part of this chapter which focuses on the kind of woman a man should marry?
Where is our focus?
Thank you for this.
Regina Brett, The Plain Dealer Newspaper (Cleveland, Ohio)
“To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column I’ve ever written. My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short, enjoy it.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends andfamily will.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye But don’t worry, God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’tsave it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive but don’t forget.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative; dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have not what you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
If you know yourself, then you’ll not be harmed by what is said about you.
Will your pretty face be anything but food for worms and insects in the grave?
Page 2 of 58